Monday, June 21, 2010

10 Things That Make Me Happy

Inspired by Sacramento Street, I couldn't wait to make my own top 10 list!


1. Playing dress-up. Granted, this picture is from my high school's production of Pirates of Penzance, but it is far less incriminating than most of the 'dress-up' pictures that have been taken of me...anyway, who doesn't love the romance and fun of dressing up?


2. Thrift Stores. Mmm Mmm Mmm! I do enjoy the thrill of finding that perfect sweater out of the chaos of a thrift rack. It's like the moment you touch the fabric you just know that you're meant to own it...like the vintage Laura Ashley tulip skirt I found today at Goodwill. I absolutely cannot WAIT to show it off!
(photo credit: http://www.humboldtcounty.com/subs.php?sub=256&catlink=50)


3. Mahler's 1st Symphony. Our love-affair began the summer I played the piece in its entirety at the National Symphony Orchestra Summer Music Festival. I fell in love with the sweeping string melodies, the richly evocative woodwind interjections, and the dashing and passionate brass fanfare in the finale...gosh, my heart is all a-flutter just thinking about it!


4. Saint Paul and Minneapolis. I know I just blogged about how much I love the Twin Cities, but really they are the most gorgeous cities I have ever seen. Just ask Atmosphere if you'd like some clarification...
(photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/84263554@N00/3085094267/)


5. My Sigma Alpha Iota sisters. These women lift my spirits every time I see them! I know that no matter what I'm doing or how I feel about the world, they're more than willing to listen, chat, and bake with me (or even better: FOR me). I can't imagine not having these inspiring, talented, and joyful girls in my life!


6. BCBG dresses. Need I elaborate?


7. Fairytales. Love, princesses, dashing white knights, fantastic castles, more love...what more could a girl want?
(photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/frizztext/1530381496/)


8. Sobe LifeWater. Zero calories. Tastes delicious. Vitamin-infused. Saving my body one bottle at a time!


9. Beck. I don't know what it is about his music, but somehow I can't ever seem to get enough. Plus he's cute.
(photo credit: http://www.frontrowking.com/Concert_Tickets/Beck.html)


10. Performing. Where would I be without the adrenaline of doing what I know best in front of sometimes hundreds of people? I live to show others the same thrill that I enjoy from hearing passionate, soul-engaging works! Without the thrill of performing, I don't even know who I'd be!

No comments:

Post a Comment