Friday, June 18, 2010

It's Friday!

A trip to my favorite thrift store today was different than I had anticipated; first of all they seem to have jacked up the prices to about twice what they were last summer, secondly they re-arranged the store layout, so it took me a second to get oriented in what used to be such a familiar escape, and lastly I found a couple key items that I have actually been looking for! I suppose the most notable is a pair of Coach shoes (ok, they never have shoes in my monstrous 9 1/2, and Coach shoes? This is only the second pair I think I've ever seen there!) for only $5. They are out of season and the soles show a little wear, but all in all I'm thrilled to finally have a pair of hot heels that aren't black (all of my concert shoes are black...all five pairs of them...)!
I've recently been inspired by the mochila trend that I apparently missed for a couple of years, but thank God J Crew is just jumping on the bandwagon this season! Anyway, I found an awesome (presumably authentic) mochila shoulder bag today that is going to rock everyone else's socks off! I stocked up on a black tshirt and a short-sleeve oxford as well.
Anyway, although my day was probably most exciting to me, myself, and I, I thought I might as well share these finds with y'all who are interested.
In other news, I've been working on my own top 100 book list. I felt like the Modern Library's list was not quite my genre, so I compiled a list from about ten others that I found online. The books I've chosen are the ones that appeared on at least three of the lists. I will be posting it in increments of 10 so as not to overwhelm you, the reader. Enjoy!

1. 100 Years of Solitude-Gabriel Garcia Marquez
2. 1984-George Orwell
3. A Clockwork Orange-Anthony Burgess
4. A Farewell to Arms-Ernest Hemingway
5. A Passage to India-E. M. Forster
6. A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man-James Joyce
7. The Age of Innocence-Edith Wharton
8. All the King's Men-Robert Penn Warren
9. An American Tragedy-Theodore Dreiser
10. Animal Farm-George Orwell

No comments:

Post a Comment