These essentials are easy to find just about anywhere and can be worn in an almost infinite number of combinations! With a bright purse or scarf you can make an almost flawless outfit!
1. Black flats. (Photo credit: Target) I wear mine almost every day with everything from concert black to jeans and a T shirt.
2. Dark-wash straight-leg jeans. (Photo credit: Express) I love the way Express jeans fit, and dark-wash straight-leg jeans are flattering on everyone! Not only are they super comfy, but they are also really easy to dress up or down.
3. White shorts. (Photo credit: Ralph Lauren) I live in white shorts in the summertime! I like mine a tiny bit big so that they make my legs look skinny in comparison. They can also be dressed up or down with an airy summer blouse or a cozy sweatshirt for nighttime.
4. Black yoga pants. (Photo credit: Gap Body) Want to know a secret? I've worn mine onstage for a concert! They're definitely not the most formal option, but black pants match just about any top in your wardrobe.
5. The white tee. (Photo credit: American Apparel) Personally, I love getting the six packs of men's v-necks at Target, but if I had the option to splurge, I'm sure American Apparel makes a really great option too.
6. Neutral tanks. (Photo credit: Target) I wear one practically every day, even if it's just under a white tee shirt. They are also essential for wearing under little black cardigans (see no. 8).
7. Juicy hoodie. (Photo credit: Juicy Couture) For those days that I really don't feel like dressing up, this looks infinitely better than a stretched out college hoodie I stole from my brother...
8. Black cardigan. (Photo credit: Gap) It's been a staple in my wardrobe since high school. Throwing a cardigan over a even a plain t shirt makes you look put together.
9. Floral sundress. (Photo credit: Forever 21) With flip-flops you can wear it to the beach. With a blazer and heels you can wear it to the opera.
10. Black blazer. (Photo credit: Ann Taylor) It makes any outfit look better. It can be worn with jeans and skinny jeans for a very cosmopolitan look, and can be super warm on a cool spring night.