Finals week is upon me yet again and it's just as much of a struggle as I remembered. As much as I told myself not to, I still ate pizza and brownies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Sunday. Theory still feels like an impossible task that only the arrival of Wednesday night will reveal if I get through it or not. And I could probably go for a shower right about now.
So. To help get myself through the week, I'm putting together a list of quick and easy ways to brighten your mood. Instantly. Hopefully they work for you too.
1. Make a power playlist. Mine is called 'Getting It'. To get started, here are some of my faves; Beck-E-Pro, Shakira-Waka Waka, Lily Allen-LDN, TV on the Radio-Dancing Choose, Motion City Soundtrack-Everything is Alright, Passion Pit-Little Secrets, Outkast-Hey Ya, Selena Gomez and the Scene-Naturally, Weezer-Buddy Holly, Bond-Allegretto.
2. Change the background on your computer. New brighter colors can help wake you up, and anything outside of your norm will help productivity! I've been really excited about the Lily Pulitzer wallpapers you can find on her blog. The print gallery on the left side of the screen changes every few months, so there's always something new! Google chrome even lets you choose funky and colorful browser themes!
3. Protein, protein, PROTEIN! While it's tempting to eat pizza, macaroni and cheese, and chocolate bars for the entire week, eating meat or beans will give you more energy and feel less like a brick in your stomach. (Salmon is brain food!)
4. Throw on some color. At my middle school, teachers were very big on the concept of wearing yellow on test days because it apparently wakes up your brain. I don't own a ton of neon clothes, but bright socks or a new coat of nail polish will make you feel a bit less dreary! Right now I'm really excited about Essie nail polish. It dries really quickly and doesn't chip! And check out all those colors...
5. Mix up your caffeine intake. If you're usually a coffee drinker, try a fruity tea. And if you are all about the chai, Starbucks' skinny caramel macchiato just might hit the spot! (And it's only 105 calories!)
6. Go for a walk. Even if it's just a few blocks to a coffee shop or your friends' house. Getting out of the house/dorm will make you feel much better. Bonus points for changing clothes! I am lucky enough to go to school at the foremost performing arts venue in the state of Ohio, so catching a recital or concert is another great way to get out of study mode for a while.