Thursday, March 10, 2011

Play Ball!


Remember Calvin and Hobbes? One of the most memorable strips involved a game that Calvin used to play with his stuffed tiger, aptly called 'Calvinball'. The only rule of Calvinball is that you make up the rules as you go along. Inevitably, this meant that every game ended in Calvin's victory and a full-on brawl between the boy and his tiger.

This morning I was thinking about how beautiful life is; how a lot of that beauty stems from the fact that there is no 'right way' to live your life. New experiences will lead to new insight and new ways of looking at situations. The way we make it through tough situations or even day-to-day frustrations make us who we are.

Sure I have rules about how I plan to be 'the best Hannah I can be', but the beautiful thing about these rules is that I can change them at any time. Yesterday I splurged on a bottle of Essie nail polish and Neutrogena stress-relief facial scrub. Usually I try to be as frugal as I can on these so-called 'drugstore essentials', but it's been a tough quarter and sometimes all I need to get back on track is a little 'sum-sum' to spice up my daily routine.

So I guess what I'm saying is that it's ok to change things up every once in a while. Question your own rules and look at your life objectively every once in a while.

In other news, guess who's going to Florida for spring break? I leave in six days and I can't wait!!

Animation credit: Thomas Archer Group

No comments:

Post a Comment