Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Countdown Begins

I will be leaving for Cincinnati five weeks from tomorrow. One of those weeks will be spent with the boyfriend and for two I will be working at the MN state fair selling tickets. I have two weeks left of summer. I had so many things I wanted to accomplish this summer, and yet somehow I feel like I spent almost all of it thinking about how much I'd rather be at school. That's not entirely true. I [would like to think that I] have gotten a lot better at playing flute, I updated my wardrobe so that it's both more mature and more unique, (by the end of the summer) I will have made about $2000 so I won't starve, I practiced doing domestic things like cooking and cleaning, and I started blogging. There, those are almost entirely productive things.
I only wish I had read more, worked out more (although I have lost ten pounds since I left school in June, hopefully I'll be able to keep going!), seen more of the Twin Cities, and just enjoyed the summer sun. I suppose it's never too late.
I was just talking to the roommate about last-minute things we need to get before we move in (for example, we just remembered how nice it would be to have a vacum...) and I remembered how excited I am to decorate! I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures when the time comes. I am most excited for a gigantic white board that's going in. This is your invitation: come over and draw us a mural. It will be greatly appreciated. And fun. Other than that, all I'm going to say is get ready, world: here we come!

2 comments:

  1. I love being excited to decorate. I'm always a little sad when I'm done that I don't get to take any more random IKEA trips and I have to start dreaming about decorating instead of doing!

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel! I've been feeling stunted lately as far as my wardrobe goes; the new rule is that for every new pair of shoes/dress/jacket I buy, an old one has to go. It's helpful because it keeps my stuff fresh (and allows it all to fit in my closet!), but I still allow myself to keep updating!

    ReplyDelete